WHO WE ARE
- We are a welcoming community of Jesus’ followers who have been serving the Fruitport area for over 40 years.
- We are one of over 9,000 congregations in the 3.5 million member Evangelical Lutheran Church in America.
- We are in full communion with 70 million Lutherans worldwide and with other Christian churches including Methodist, Episcopal, Presbyterian, and Reformed.
WHAT WE BELIEVE
- We believe that an abundant and eternal life is a free gift from God through faith in Jesus Christ.
- We believe the Bible is the Word of God which proclaims Jesus is Lord and Savior.
- We believe the Holy Trinity is one God in three persons—the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe this good and gracious God created all things.
- We believe Jesus is the divine Son of God who became fully human to deliver the world from sin (destructive self-centered ways) and death.
- We believe the Holy Spirit is imparted to believers to strengthen faith in Jesus and to enable followers to become more like Jesus.
WHAT WE VALUE
As followers of Jesus we strive to:
- Share the love of Jesus in word and service.
- Care for the poor, the hungry, the alien.
- Be good managers of all that God has entrusted to us, including our own lives, our relationships, our finances, and the environment.
- Celebrate and affirm the diversity of people God has created.
- Invite and welcome everyone to our community of faith.
We believe in the priesthood of all believers in Christ (1 Peter 2:9, Revelation 1:6), so all members share in the many tasks and ministries involved in the life of this community of faith. Roberta Lewis presently serves as president of the congregation.
The ministry of proclaiming the Word and administering the sacraments of Baptism and Holy Communion is entrusted to the Rev. Leonard Dahlgren. Len has been serving as Edgewood’s pastor on a part time basis for the past three years. He has been in the ordained ministry of the Lutheran Church for almost 45 years. He has a bachelor of arts degree from the University of Illinois, a Master of Divinity from Trinity Lutheran Seminary in Columbus, Ohio, and a Doctor of Ministry from Lutheran School of Theology at Chicago. Len lives with his wife, Cindy, in Holland, Miichigan and enjoys jogging, golf, and walks by the lakeshore. His greatest passion always has been loving and serving God and God’s people.